Posted by Kendall: at 9:46 PM
My old flower thought: tiger lilies because they were my favorite flower growing up but I'm not quite sure about the choice of colors they come in.
So I'm realizing there is a whole lot more to social media than I ever could have expected. Lately I've been farting around on something called Twitter. I never heard of it before we began experimenting with it at work. At an internship fair I attended at Kutztown University today, we asked most of the students interested in our internship if they've ever heard of it and maybe one person say yes. Guess that means I'm not alone?
The way I've been describing it to people is that it is similiar to posting updates on your facebook profile. It's just a 140 character blurb on what you're doing. You can have conservations that way! It's benefitial to us at work because we are able to post our events and announcements for those "following" us. We are beginning to make some progess using it as a marketing tool.
Sign up and "follow" me! I give you permission to stalk me :)
Posted by Kendall: at 6:20 PM
I'm coming up on almost a year of visiting Wawa for my morning coffee 5 days a week (oh yea and almost a year at my job too) and sometime over the course of that almost-year, I've acquired the name Melissa (it's not every day that people get to choose which way to spell their name).
Carol, the friendly, chipper coffee lady knows me only by my apparent new alias, Melissa or sometimes it's Melis for short (seriously!?). Couldn't she have picked a better, cooler name? No offense to the name Melissa or anyone who goes by that but it's not something I would have picked for myself.
Where did she get the idea that that was my name anyway? I never told her my name was Kendall but I also never told her my name was Melissa.
What she might have heard...
- The accent in both names is in the middle, maybe that threw her off? Go ahead, say it out loud...keNDall...melISsa. Okay so that might be a stretch.
- My mom, who also frequents Wawa with me in the morning, might have said one time..."here take this" referring to the coffee cup she was handing me and maybe Carol heard "here Melis"
- Maybe my mom said "What do you want for lunch today? Turkey and swiss?" and Carol thought she said "What do you want for lunch today Melis?"
- My mom's name is Lisa. I could see the progression...Melissa...Lisa...lis...
- Or maybe she knows it's not my name and she secretly thinks it's funny. She's probably waiting to see how long it takes me to correct her. Two can play at this game!
No Wawa tomorrow but back to Melis on Monday.
Posted by Kendall: at 11:26 AM
I thought I would post some songs I've been listening to recently. I know, I've become a softey.
**Track 3 is "After Tonight" by Justin Nozuka
Note: You should listen to all the songs but there is an extra special one at the end! :)
Posted by Kendall: at 9:56 PM
...my legs itch and turn into chalk sticks.
...it's dark when I wake up and never get to work on time.
...my pants start static clinging to your legs.
...I realize I can't play the "but it's my birthday" card anymore.
...I'd rather stay in the hot shower forever then step out into the cold bathroom.
...it doesn't matter where I move my visor, I'm still blinded by the sun.
...my clothes are wrinkly because they've been shoved in the back of my drawers.
...I go for the hot coffee instead of iced coffee.
...I start humming Christmas songs (yes I know that is winter).
...I compulsively check for ghost show marathons and intentionally freak myself out.
...I write boring posts like this one...